The Golden State Warriors (41-12), the NBA’s top scoring team, will square off against the Oklahoma City Thunder (30-24) at ORACLE Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 229 points with Golden State set as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors Free Preview
In the Thunder’s last matchup, they fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 108-104. Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 36 points on 15-for-25 shooting. Los Angeles made 13 of their 30 three pointers (43.3 percent). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.191 (above their season average of 0.184).
The Warriors are hoping for a better outcome after their 115-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets in their last outing. Kevin Durant was the games leading scorer with 31 points on 12-for-16 shooting. Denver did a great job of converting from the free throw line (25-29; 86.2 percent). Golden State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.547 vs. 0.495).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Golden State offense. Golden State ranks 29th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 15.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Oklahoma City forces the second-most turnovers in the league (15.6 percent). Additionally, the Thunder rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 percent), while the Warriors rank 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.3 percent).
Of Oklahoma City’s 54 games, 30 have finished under the projected point total, while 28 of Golden State’s 53 games have finished over the O/U total. The Warriors have the superior straight up (SU) record (41-12 vs. 30-24) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (22-29-2 vs. 21-32-1).
Paul George has been excellent over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 28.6 points and 2.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 199 points, well under the projected point total of 221.5. The Thunder won 108-91, covering as 5-point underdogs. The Thunder dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 and a turnover percentage of 13.6. The Warriors recorded marks of 15.9 and 20.0, respectively, for those same stats. Westbrook put up a double-double in the victory with 34 points and 10 rebounds.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Golden State Warriors Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Warriors rank first in assists per game (30.3) while the Thunder rank 25th (21.2).
- Golden State ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while Oklahoma City ranks 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (30.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in fast break points per game (14.7) while Golden State ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (13.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while Golden State ranks 11th (42.2).
- Oklahoma City is 10-16 ATS on the road with 14 unders and 12 overs.
- At home, Golden State is 9-14-2 ATS with 13 overs and 12 unders.
- Oklahoma City is 17-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Golden State is 11-2.
- The Warriors are 38-8 when they reach 100 points, while the Thunder are 26-12.
- The Thunder rank seventh in points allowed in the paint per game (42.2) while the Warriors rank 27th (47.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.3) while Golden State ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- The Thunder rank first in second chance points per game (14.9) while the Warriors rank 27th (10.4).
- The Warriors rank first in blocks per game (7.8) while the Thunder rank 10th (5.1).
- Oklahoma City averages 18.7 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the league. Golden State ranks 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.3).
- Golden State is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Warriors have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Golden State has defeated opponents by an average of 7.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 109.2 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.6 points per game (9.8 above their season average).