The No. 17 Gonzaga Bulldogs (3-0) and the Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) clash in the Phil Knight Invitational – Motion at Memorial Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 a.m. ET on Thursday, November 23, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Buckeyes last contest, they dismantled the Northeastern Huskies, 80-55. With 19 points and seven rebounds, Keita Bates-Diop played well for Ohio State. Ohio State dominated every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.196) and a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 16.5). Northeastern put up marks of 0.143 and 20.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bulldogs hope to keep it rolling after topping the Utah State Aggies in their last outing, 79-66. With 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Killian Tillie was the games leading scorer. Gonzaga dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 4.0 and a free throw rate of 0.281. For those same stats, Utah State was 13.4 and 0.153, respectively.
Ohio State could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Since last season, Gonzaga ranks 24th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.2 percent), while Ohio State has forced the 230th-most turnovers (18.2 percent).
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Ohio State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank third in rebounds per game (41.3) while the Buckeyes rank 112th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- Gonzaga ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.6) while Ohio State ranks 86th (3.9).
- Gonzaga ranks 99th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Ohio State ranks 283rd (24.3).
- The Bulldogs rank 94th in steals per game (6.8) while the Buckeyes rank 236th (5.3).
- Gonzaga ranks second in assists allowed per game (9.6) while Ohio State ranks 127th (12.8).