The No. 4 Gonzaga Bulldogs (31-4) will be in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Taco Bell Arena when they square off with the No. 5 Ohio State Buckeyes (25-8). The game gets underway at 7:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the No. 13 UNCG Spartans 68-64, while the Buckeyes beat the No. 12 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 81-73.
Ohio State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 32.6 (above their season average of 30.3) and a turnover percentage of 10.1 (better than their season average of 15.3). For those same stats, South Dakota State was 20.0 and 15.8, respectively. Meanwhile, Gonzaga dominated nearly every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 13.9). For those same stats, UNCG was 0.075 and 15.4, respectively. Gonzaga was led by Johnathan Williams, who finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds. Keita Bates-Diop, meanwhile played a key role for Ohio State with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
The game should be a showdown of strength against strength as the high-powered offense of Gonzaga (fourth in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 120.2) takes on the top-notch defense of Ohio State (42nd in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 98.7).
Johnathan Williams and Zach Norvell Jr. have been playing well over the last five games for Gonzaga. Williams has averaged 13.4 points, 9.6 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 1.4 steals, while Norvell Jr. has recorded 14.0 points a game during that span.
Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Gonzaga, ATS Winner – Gonzaga, O/U – Over
- Gonzaga ranks 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.3) while Ohio State ranks 232nd (19.8).>/
- The Bulldogs allow the 25th-fewest steals per game (5.0) while the Buckeyes rank 31st (5.1).>/
- Gonzaga is 33rd in the NCAA with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while Ohio State is 38th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.>/
- The Bulldogs rank 14th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Buckeyes rank 90th (36.9).>/
- Gonzaga allows the 22nd-fewest assists per game (10.9) while Ohio State ranks 57th (11.8).>/
- The Buckeyes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 9.1 for the season.>/
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (5.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average).>/