The Cincinnati Bearcats welcome the Ohio State Buckeyes to Fifth Third Arena to commence their seasons. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Ohio State Buckeyes at Cincinnati Bearcats ATS Odds
After a 24-8 regular season campaign, Ohio State made the tournament as a five seed in the tournament last season. They made it to the Second Round, where the Gonzaga Bulldogs defeated them. Meanwhile, Cincinnati reached the Second Round last season as a two seed in the tournament, where they fell to the Nevada Wolf Pack. In the regular season, the Bearcats went 30-4.
The Buckeyes had an excellent 24-8 straight up (SU) record last season, but struggled covering the spread (11-19 against the spread (ATS)). Of Ohio State’s 30 games that accepted bets last year, 17 finished over the O/U total.
Meanwhile, the Bearcats were 30-4 SU and 17-15-1 ATS last season. Unlike Ohio State, a little over half of Cincinnati’s games finished under the O/U total.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. In the 2017-18 season, Cincinnati ranked 32nd in offensive efficiency and Ohio State ranked 54th in defensive efficiency. ,
Ohio State Buckeyes at Cincinnati Bearcats Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Cincinnati ranks 20th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Ohio State ranks 102nd (36.6).
- The Bearcats rank 204th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while the Buckeyes rank 229th (19.9).
- Cincinnati allows the 24th-fewest steals per game (5.0) while Ohio State ranks 32nd (5.1).
- The Bearcats rank eighth in blocks per game (5.4) while the Buckeyes rank 89th (3.9).
- Cincinnati ranks ninth in assists allowed per game (10.0) while Ohio State ranks 65th (11.9).