MAC foes will clash when the Western Michigan Broncos (14-10, 6-5 MAC) challenge the Ohio Bobcats (10-13, 3-8 MAC) at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Western Michigan Broncos Odds Preview
In the Bobcats last outing, they dismantled the Akron Zips, 99-75. Jordan Dartis was the games high scorer with 38 points on 13-for-20 shooting. The Bobcats, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.495, had a phenomenal mark of 0.678 and had a free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.217).
The Broncos hope to keep it rolling after topping the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last outing, 68-64. With 20 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Reggie Jones was the games high scorer. The Broncos forced 16 turnovers and held the RedHawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 29.7).
Ohio could have a tough time creating turnovers. Western Michigan ranks 22nd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.8 percent), while Ohio forces the 209th-most turnovers (18.7 percent).
Teyvion Kirk has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Ohio, averaging 18.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent game, the Broncos won 90-85. The Broncos played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 37.1 and a turnover percentage of 12.0. For those same stats, the Bobcats had marks of 22.6 and 18.9, respectively.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Over
- Western Michigan averages 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. Ohio ranks 283rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- The Bobcats rank 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while the Broncos rank 261st in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- Western Michigan ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while Ohio ranks 64th (5.7).
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average).