MAC foes will collide when the Toledo Rockets (18-7, 10-2 MAC) square off against the Ohio Bobcats (10-14, 3-9 MAC) at Savage Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 152 points with Toledo set as a 10.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Toledo Rockets Betting Preview
In the Bobcats last game, they fell to the Western Michigan Broncos, 69-60. Ohio’s Jordan Dartis finished with 13 points and five rebounds in the contest. Western Michigan forced the Bobcats into a turnover percentage of 26.0 (above their season average of 15.5). Ohio, meanwhile, held the Broncos to an effective field goal percentage of 0.424 (below their season average of 0.502).
The Rockets come in on a high note after topping the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last contest, 73-67. Tre’Shaun Fletcher played well for Toledo, contributing 18 points and 12 rebounds. The Rockets knocked down 21 of their 28 free throws (75.0 percent) and held the RedHawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.405 (below their season average of 0.523).
Toledo figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Rockets currently rank 81st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.486), while Ohio is 214th in effective field goal percentage (0.503). Moreover, the Bobcats, who rank 257th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.217), will clash against the Rockets, who rank 20th in opponents FTA rate (0.179).
Of Ohio’s 19 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 11 of Toledo’s 22 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Rockets have a clear advantage. They are 18-7 SU and 12-10 ATS, while the Bobcats are 10-14 SU and 7-10-2 ATS.
Fletcher has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Toledo, averaging 21.4 points, 8.6 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 148 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 154.5. The Rockets won 91-57, covering as 2-point underdogs. The Rockets 36.4 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Bobcats, who had a rate of 18.2. Despite the loss, Doug Taylor had a standout performance with 15 points, five rebounds and five blocks.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Toledo Rockets Odds Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank 25th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Bobcats rank 78th (12.3).
- Toledo averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. Ohio ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- On the road, Ohio is 3-6-2 ATS with 6 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Toledo is 4-6 ATS with 6 overs and 4 unders.
- Toledo ranks 82nd in rebounds per game (37.4) while Ohio ranks 276th in rebounds allowed per game (39.5).
- The Rockets rank 67th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Bobcats rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Ohio ranks 93rd in steals per game (6.8) while Toledo ranks 252nd (3.8).
- Toledo is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ohio is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Rockets average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (1.5 above their season average).