The Ohio Bobcats (7-3) will travel to Mackey Arena to clash with the Purdue Boilermakers (6-5). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Purdue Boilermakers Betting Odds
Both teams thoroughly outplayed their last opponent. The Boilermakers defeated the Fairfield Stags 90-57, while the Bobcats beat the Wilberforce Bulldogs 97-61.
Ohio dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 55.8 and a free throw rate of 0.163. Wilberforce was 15.8 and 0.097, respectively, for those same stats. The Boilermakers, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.083) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 25.0). Purdue’s Carsen Edwards played well, putting up 30 points. Meanwhile, Ohio received a boost from Jason Carter, who finished with 17 points and 13 rebounds.
Ryan Cline and Edwards have played well over the last five games for Purdue. Cline has averaged 0 points, while Edwards has put up 0 points a game during that span.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAA’s top rebounding teams go head-to-head. The Boilermakers rank 27th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.2 percent), while Ohio ranks 15th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.9 percent). This contest should be a battle of contrasting paces. The up-tempo Bobcats rank 26th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Boilermakers rank 300th.
Ohio vs. Purdue Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Under
- Purdue ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (29.8) while Ohio ranks 216th (19.6).
- The Bobcats average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. The Boilermakers rank 85th in assists allowed per game (12.5).
- Ohio is 12th in the country with 1.9 blocks allowed per game while Purdue is 39th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Boilermakers rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Bobcats rank 171st (8.8).
- Ohio ranks 14th in rebounds per game (41.8) while Purdue ranks 116th (36.6).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average).
- The Boilermakers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.8, up from 7.9 for the season.