The Central Michigan Chippewas (11-2) will try to lengthen an eight-game home winning streak when they challenge the Ohio Bobcats (7-5) at McGuirk Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147.5 points with Central Michigan set as a 2.5-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Ohio Bobcats at Central Michigan Chippewas Odds Preview
The last time the Bobcats played, they defeated the Northwestern Ohio Racers, 65-58. With 14 points and 14 rebounds, Ohio’s Teyvion Kirk had a solid game. Ohio played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.127 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 14.9). For those same stats, Northwestern Ohio recorded marks of 0.029 and 10.3, respectively.
The Chippewas come in on a high note after blowing out the Lawrence Tech Blue Devils in their last outing, 91-73. Central Michigan was lifted by David DiLeo, who led the team in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Central Michigan played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 8.4 (better than their season average of 15.7) and a free throw rate of 0.082 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Lawrence Tech recorded marks of 22.4 and 0.034, respectively.
Ohio could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Central Michigan ranks 16th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.6 percent), while Ohio forces the 215th-most turnovers (18.9 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Ohio games have gone over 100.0 percent of the time, while 75.0 percent of games including Central Michigan have finished under. The Chippewas come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-2 SU and 7-1 ATS, while the Bobcats are 7-5 SU and 3-3-1 ATS.
Cecil Williams has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Central Michigan, averaging 18.0 points, 8.0 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Chippewas won the only game played against each other last season, 97-87. Central Michigan had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.8 vs. 22.5). Ohio, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent).
Ohio Bobcats at Central Michigan Chippewas Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- Ohio is 2-2-1 ATS on the road, while Central Michigan is 3-0 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Bobcats 5 road games, while 3 of the Chippewas 3 home games have gone under.
- Central Michigan averages 28.9 three pointers per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. Ohio ranks 168th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Chippewas average 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. The Bobcats rank 198th in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- Ohio ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (13.1) while Central Michigan ranks 140th (11.6).
- Central Michigan is 2-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ohio is 2-1 ATS with 3 overs.
- The Chippewas average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 13.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 79.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average).