MAC foes will collide when the Kent State Golden Flashes (7-9, 1-2 MAC) challenge the Ohio Bobcats (8-7, 1-2 MAC) at Memorial A & C Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 153.5 points with Ohio opening as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 12, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Ohio Bobcats at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Preview
The Bobcats were beaten by the Ball State Cardinals in their last game, 75-68. With 17 points on 3-for-8 shooting, Teyvion Kirk was the games leading scorer. Ball State held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.443 (below their season average of 0.506). Ohio, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 17.9).
In the Golden Flashes last game, they were topped by the Miami (OH) RedHawks, 80-69. Adonis De La Rosa was Kent State’s leading scorer with 16 points on 4-for-10 shooting. Miami (OH) made 10 of their 25 three pointers (40.0 percent). Kent State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 16.5).
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nations top rebounding teams battle. The Golden Flashes rank 56th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 percent), while Ohio ranks 34th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Kirk has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Ohio, averaging 15.0 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Golden Flashes won two out of three games played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Kent State won 68-66. Kent State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.7 vs. 12.1). Ohio, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (12-17; 70.6 percent).
Ohio Bobcats at Kent State Golden Flashes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Golden Flashes are 26th in the NCAA with 5.1 steals allowed per game while the Bobcats are 47th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- Kent State ranks 104th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Ohio ranks 234th (25.5).
- The Golden Flashes rank 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while the Bobcats rank 246th (39.1).
- Kent State ranks 88th in blocks per game (3.6) while Ohio ranks 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (6.8 below their season average).