The Ohio Bobcats (9-11, 2-6 MAC) head to Bowling Green to take on the Falcons (12-9, 3-5 MAC) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 152.5 points with neither team favored. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 30, 2018.
Ohio Bobcats vs. Bowling Green Falcons Free Preview
In the Bobcats last contest, they fell to the Buffalo Bulls, 73-66. Ohio’s Teyvion Kirk put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 7-for-16 shooting. Buffalo had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.6 vs. 25.0). Ohio, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.231 (above their season average of 0.218).
The Falcons are trying to rebound after their 101-75 loss to the Toledo Rockets in their last contest. With 13 points and six assists, Bowling Green’s Justin Turner put together a good game. Toledo had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.8 (above their season average of 27.0). Bowling Green, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 15.4).
There could be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that showcases two of the nations more fast-paced teams. Bowling Green ranks 30th in possessions per game (74.0) and Ohio is 34th (73.6).
Of Ohio’s 15 games that accepted bets, eight have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of Bowling Green’s 14 games have finished over the projected point total. The Falcons have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (12-9 vs. 9-11), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Bowling Green is 6-8, while Ohio is 6-7-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bobcats won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Ohio won 95-75. Ohio’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Bowling Green. The Bobcats had a rate of 0.720 while the Falcons posted a mark of 0.463.
Ohio Bobcats at Bowling Green Falcons ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Under
- The Bobcats rank 49th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Falcons rank 93rd (6.1).
- On the road, Ohio is 3-4-2 ATS with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Bowling Green is 1-5 ATS with 4 overs, 1 under and 1 push.
- Bowling Green averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. Ohio ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- The Falcons average 21.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 149th in the NCAA. The Bobcats rank 237th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Ohio ranks 137th in assists per game (13.8) while Bowling Green ranks 194th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Bowling Green is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ohio is 2-2-1 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Falcons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (0.6 below their season average).