The Oakland Golden Grizzlies (16-10, 8-5 Hor) visit Youngstown State to take on the Penguins (7-20, 5-9 Hor) in a game that will likely be up-tempo. Oakland opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 166.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Youngstown State Penguins Odds Preview
The Golden Grizzlies were victorious over the Detroit Titans in their last outing, 87-78. Kendrick Nunn was the games leading scorer with 28 points on 10-for-18 shooting. Oakland dominated every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.397 (above their season average of 0.285) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 26.1). Detroit was 0.226 and 32.4, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Penguins last game, they defeated the IUPUI Jaguars, 84-80. With 28 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Cameron Morse was the top scorer from either team. The Penguins forced 15 turnovers and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.482).
There could be plenty of transition offense in this meeting that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-paced teams. Youngstown State currently ranks 24th in possessions per game (74.1) and Oakland is 28th (73.9). Moreover, the Golden Grizzlies rank 32nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.289), while the Penguins rank 272nd in opponents FTA rate (0.266).
Of Oakland’s 23 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of Youngstown State’s 24 games have finished over the O/U total. The Golden Grizzlies have the superior straight up (SU) record (16-10 vs. 7-20), but the Penguins hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (11-13 vs. 7-16).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 177 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 164.5. The Golden Grizzlies won 95-82, but were unable to cover as 16-point favorites. The Golden Grizzlies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.278 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.741. The Penguins recorded marks of 0.197 and 0.574, respectively, for those same stats. Jalen Hayes recorded a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Youngstown State Penguins Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
- The Penguins rank 104th in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 230th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Oakland ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Youngstown State ranks 85th (20.5).
- On the road, Oakland is 5-8 ATS with 8 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Youngstown State is 4-2 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Oakland ranks 10th in assists per game (17.7) while Youngstown State ranks 255th in assists allowed per game (16.6).
- The Penguins average 8.4 steals per game, which ranks 12th in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 207th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Oakland ranks 23rd in blocks per game (5.1) while Youngstown State ranks 186th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Youngstown State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oakland is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Penguins average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 7.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (5.3 below their season average).