The Wright State Raiders (16-6, 8-1 Hor) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Oakland when they welcome the Golden Grizzlies (14-8, 6-3 Hor) to Ervin J. Nutter Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147.5 points with neither team favored. Action gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 28, 2018.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Wright State Raiders Betting Preview
The last time the Golden Grizzlies played, they defeated the Northern Kentucky Norse, 83-70. Kendrick Nunn was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 11-for-22 shooting. The Golden Grizzlies had a superb free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.273) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.535).
The Raiders will look to keep it rolling after dismantling the Detroit Titans in their last outing, 87-55. Wright State was led by Loudon Love, who had 15 points and five rebounds. Wright State played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 17.6) and a free throw rate of 0.263 (above their season average of 0.256). Detroit was 25.4 and 0.176, respectively, for those same stats.
Contrasting tempos will be on display in this battle. Oakland prefers an up-tempo style of play (26th in possessions per game), while Wright State is methodical (140th in possessions per game).
Of Oakland’s 19 games with betting action, 10 have finished over the projected point total, while 13 of Wright State’s 20 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raiders have a sizable advantage. They are 16-6 SU and 11-9 ATS, while the Golden Grizzlies are 14-8 SU and 7-12 ATS.
Love has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Wright State, averaging 17.2 points, 11.0 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 167 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 150.5. The Raiders won 86-81, covering as 8-point underdogs. Wright State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.533 vs. 0.429). Oakland, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 21.6). Love recorded a double-double with 25 points and 17 rebounds.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Wright State Raiders ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 30th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Raiders rank 118th (21.5).
- Wright State ranks 148th in rebounds per game (35.6) while Oakland ranks 200th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- On the road, Oakland is 5-7 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- At home, Wright State is 4-5 ATS with 9 unders and 0 overs.
- Oakland ranks eighth in assists per game (18.3) while Wright State ranks 180th (13.0).
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 24th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Raiders rank 189th (2.4).
- Wright State ranks 41st in steals per game (7.5) while Oakland ranks 195th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Wright State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oakland is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Raiders average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 6.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).