Hor foes will collide when the UIC Flames (8-10, 3-2 Hor) meet the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (11-8, 3-3 Hor) at UIC Pavilion. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154.5 points with Oakland set as a 3-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at UIC Flames ATS Preview
The Golden Grizzlies defeated the Cleveland State Vikings in their last matchup, 81-68. Jalen Hayes was the games leading scorer with 30 points on 13-for-18 shooting. Oakland was 8-19 on three pointers (42.1 percent). Cleveland State, on the other hand, was 8-27 (29.6 percent).
The last time the Flames played, they beat the Milwaukee Panthers, 88-73. UIC rallied around Tarkus Ferguson, who finished with 15 points, nine assists and seven rebounds. UIC’s 0.576 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Milwaukee, who had a rate of 0.431. The Flames mark was above their season average of 0.483, while the Panthers’ was below their season average of 0.519.
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Oakland games have gone over 56.3 percent of the time, while games involving UIC have finished under 57.1 percent of the time. The Golden Grizzlies have the better straight up (SU) record (11-8 vs. 8-10), but the Flames hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (6-8 vs. 5-11).
Marcus Ottey has taken his game to another level over the last five games for UIC, averaging 14.8 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Golden Grizzlies won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Oakland won 87-75. The Golden Grizzlies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.373 and a turnover percentage of 18.5. The Flames were 0.104 and 22.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at UIC Flames ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 20th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while the Flames rank 97th (21.0).
- UIC averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 110th in the NCAA. Oakland ranks 182nd in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- UIC is 3-3 ATS at home, while Oakland is 3-6 ATS on the road.
- The Golden Grizzlies have 5 unders and 4 overs in 9 road games.
- The Flames have 3 overs and 3 unders in 6 home games.
- Oakland ranks seventh in assists per game (18.7) while UIC ranks 221st (11.4).
- The Flames average 6.9 blocks per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. The Golden Grizzlies rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (5.4).
- UIC ranks 67th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Oakland ranks 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- UIC is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oakland is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Flames have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, UIC has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Golden Grizzlies have scored an average of 83.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average).