The Eastern Michigan Eagles (5-2) will be at home in Convocation Center when they take on the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (5-3). Oakland opened as a 2-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 149.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Eastern Michigan Eagles ATS Preview
The Golden Grizzlies were victorious over the Western Michigan Broncos in their last contest, 78-73. Martez Walker was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Oakland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.3 (above their season average of 26.0) and a free throw rate of 0.169 (below their season average of 0.220). For those same stats, Western Michigan recorded marks of 25.0 and 0.145, respectively.
In the Eagles last matchup, they were defeated by the North Florida Ospreys, 84-81. James Thompson IV was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 12-for-17 shooting. North Florida was lights out from beyond the arc (13-30; 43.3 percent). Eastern Michigan, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (17-21; 81.0 percent).
Oakland could have a tough time creating turnovers. Dating back to last season, Eastern Michigan ranks 60th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Oakland has forced the 226th-most turnovers (18.4 percent).
Games involving these teams tend to finish under the O/U total. Oakland games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time, while Eastern Michigan games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time. The Eagles come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-2 SU and 2-1 ATS, while the Golden Grizzlies are 5-3 SU and 2-4 ATS.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies at Eastern Michigan Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oakland, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Golden Grizzlies rank 206th (3.9).
- Oakland ranks 129th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Eastern Michigan ranks 245th (19.1).
- Oakland averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. Eastern Michigan ranks 279th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- The Eagles average 9.7 steals per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. The Golden Grizzlies rank 202nd in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Oakland ranks 42nd in rebounds per game (38.7) while Eastern Michigan ranks 217th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).