The undefeated No. 3 Kansas Jayhawks (4-0) look to remain unbeaten when they challenge the Oakland Golden Grizzlies (2-2) at Allen Fieldhouse. Kansas opened as a 19-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 156 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Kansas Jayhawks Free Preview
The Golden Grizzlies were blown out by the Syracuse Orange in their last outing, 74-50. Martez Walker had a good performance for Oakland, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-12 shooting. Syracuse won the rebounding battle. The Orange had 14 offensive rebounds and 48 total rebounds, while the Golden Grizzlies had nine and 33, respectively.
In the Jayhawks last matchup, they blew out the Texas Southern Tigers, 114-71. Devonte Graham led the way for Kansas, putting up 17 points, 11 assists and six rebounds. Kansas played a flawless game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.7 (better than their season average of 15.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 (above their season average of 30.0). Texas Southern put up marks of 13.5 and 30.6, respectively, for those same stats.
This matchup pits one of the NCAAs top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Kansas ranks 10th in offensive efficiency and Oakland is 32nd in defensive efficiency since last season.
The Golden Grizzlies have had records of 26-10 straight up (SU) and 18-14-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total high when Oakland is involved since last season as 60.6 percent of their games have ended under the O/U total.
The Jayhawks, on the other hand, have records of 32-4 SU and 17-20 ATS since last season. A little over half of Kansas games have finished over the O/U total over that same stretch.
Oakland Golden Grizzlies vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Oakland, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Grizzlies rank 27th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Jayhawks rank 181st in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Oakland averages 22.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 130th in the nation. Kansas ranks 161st in three pointers allowed per game (21.2).
- Kansas averages 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. Oakland ranks 250th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- The Golden Grizzlies average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. The Jayhawks rank 206th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Kansas averages 16.9 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the nation. Oakland ranks 173rd in assists allowed per game (13.4).