The Indiana Hoosiers (5-5) and the No. 18 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (7-2) battle at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Indiana Hoosiers Betting Preview
In the Fighting Irish’s last game, they easily got past the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens, 92-68. With 19 points and 12 rebounds, Notre Dame’s Bonzie Colson had a good game. The Fighting Irish made 13 of their 14 free throws (92.9 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.681 (above their season average of 0.569).
The Hoosiers are hoping for a better outcome after their 71-62 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in their last game. Juwan Morgan was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Louisville forced the Hoosiers into a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above their season average of 15.1). Indiana, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.236 vs. 0.164).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Indiana in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Hoosiers rank 40th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while Notre Dame ranks 297th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.9 percent). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Fighting Irish. They rank 3rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.0 percent). Conversely, the Hoosiers have forced the 39th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 16.7 percent).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Indiana Hoosiers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hoosiers rank 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Fighting Irish rank 97th (35.2).
- Notre Dame averages 15.6 assists per game, which ranks 79th in the nation. Indiana ranks 85th in assists allowed per game (12.4).
- Notre Dame ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.0) while Indiana ranks 145th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Fighting Irish rank ninth in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Hoosiers rank 112th (6.3).
- Indiana ranks 138th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while Notre Dame ranks 213th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2).