The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-21, 2-15 Big 10) wrap up their home schedule at Pinnacle Bank Arena against the Northwestern Wildcats (6-21, 1-16 Big 10). The game starts at 4:15 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Northwestern Wildcats at Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Cornhuskers got blown out by the 23rd-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes, 75-54, while the Wildcats fell to the Illinois Fighting Illini, 74-66.
Northwestern had a turnover percentage of 6.8 (better than their season average of 14.1) while Nebraska held Ohio State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 (below their season average of 0.529). Nebraska received a boost from Dachon Burke Jr., who finished with 13 points. Meanwhile, Pat Spencer played well for Northwestern, recording 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Robbie Beran led the Wildcats to a 62-57 victory. He notched a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Northwestern had a better effective field goal percentage (0.476 vs. 0.381). Nebraska, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.090 vs. 0.032).
This contest should be a battle of conflicting tempos. Nebraska prefers to play fast (42nd in possessions per game), while Northwestern is slower-paced (311th in possessions per game). Also, the Wildcats rank 317th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.186), while the Cornhuskers rank third in opponents’ FTA rate (0.144).
Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Northwestern, O/U – Over
- Nebraska ranks 56th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Northwestern ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Cornhuskers rank 167th in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Wildcats rank 245th (33.1).
- Northwestern blocks 2.9 opponent shots per game, which ranks 147th in the NCAA. Nebraska ranks 186th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- The Cornhuskers average 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 273rd in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Nebraska ranks 118th in steals per game (6.6) while Northwestern ranks 252nd (3.9).
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 61.0 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (7.8 above their season average).
- The Cornhuskers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 6.4 for the season.