The Northwestern State Demons (2-6) look to put an end to the six-game winning streak of Oklahoma when they travel to Lloyd Noble Center to clash against the No. 17 Sooners (8-1). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Northwestern State Demons at Oklahoma Sooners Free Preview
The last time the Demons played, they lost a close one to the LSU-Shreveport Pilots, 85-84. Northwestern State’s Ishmael Lane put up 17 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks in the contest. LSU-Shreveport had a better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 29.5). Northwestern State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (7.7 vs. 11.4).
The Sooners will look to maintain momentum after defeating the No. 3 Wichita State Shockers in their last contest, 91-83. Oklahoma was lifted by Trae Young, who was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 9-for-22 shooting. Oklahoma played a flawless game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 14.8) and a free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.231). For those same stats, Wichita State was 11.2 and 0.243, respectively.
Oklahoma could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Dating back to last season, the Sooners rank 27th in offensive efficiency, while Northwestern State ranks 290th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Demons, who rank 47th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.291), will face a tough test against the Sooners, who rank 46th in opponents FTA rate (0.218).
The Sooners won the only contest against the Demons last season, 97-61. The Sooners dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.659 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 44.8. For those same stats, the Demons were 0.359 and 36.4, respectively.
Northwestern State Demons at Oklahoma Sooners Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sooners rank 12th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Demons rank 135th (2.9).
- Oklahoma ranks 48th in steals allowed per game (6.7) while Northwestern State ranks 148th (7.2).
- Oklahoma ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while Northwestern State ranks 208th (19.2).
- The Sooners rank 22nd in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Demons rank 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- Oklahoma averages 12.3 assists per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. Northwestern State ranks 195th in assists allowed per game (16.1).