The 11th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders (8-0) try to stay unbeaten when they clash with the Northwestern State Demons (2-7) at United Supermarkets Arena. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
Northwestern State Demons at Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Odds
Both teams thoroughly outplayed their last opponent. The Red Raiders defeated the UIW Cardinals 87-37, while the Demons beat the Centenary Gentlemen 102-62.
Northwestern State played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.2. Centenary was 0.069 and 28.0, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Texas Tech played a nearly flawless game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.675 and a turnover percentage of 18.2. UIW put up marks of 0.286 and 34.6, respectively, for those same stats. Texas Tech’s Jarrett Culver had a solid performance, finishing with 16 points. Northwestern State received a boost from Ishmael Lane, who had 15 points, six rebounds and five blocks.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Texas Tech figures to have a significant advantage. Dating back to last season, the Red Raiders defense ranks 24th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.450), while the Northwestern State offense ranks 338th in effective field goal percentage (0.445). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Demons. They rank 349th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 23.5 percent), while the Red Raiders have forced the 33rd-most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.7 percent).
Northwestern State vs. Texas Tech Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas Tech, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Texas Tech ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Northwestern State ranks 231st (15.4).
- The Red Raiders rank 32nd in blocks per game (4.5) while the Demons rank 169th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Texas Tech ranks 253rd in three pointers attempted per game (18.5) while Northwestern State ranks 275th (17.1).
- The Red Raiders rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.0) while the Demons rank 243rd (38.3).
- Texas Tech averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 73rd in the NCAA. Northwestern State ranks 217th in steals allowed per game (8.4).