The Memphis Tigers (2-1) will be at home in FedExForum when they go head-to-head against the Northern Kentucky Norse (4-1). Neither team is favored and the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147 points. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Northern Kentucky Norse vs. Memphis Tigers Betting Preview
In the Norses last contest, they lost a tough one against the Vermont Catamounts, 66-64. Lavone Holland II had a solid game for Northern Kentucky, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Vermont had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.9 (above their season average of 21.0). Northern Kentucky, on the other hand, forced the Catamounts into a turnover percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 13.2).
The Tigers come in on a high note after beating the New Orleans Privateers in their last matchup, 63-52. Memphis rallied around Jimario Rivers, who was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 8-for-11 shooting. Memphis played a perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.383 and a turnover percentage of 20.5. For those same stats, New Orleans recorded marks of 0.208 and 25.7, respectively.
Northern Kentucky could struggle to create turnovers. Since last season, Memphis ranks 55th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent), while Northern Kentucky has forced the 234th-most turnovers (18.2 percent).
Since last season, the Norse have had records of 28-11 straight up (SU) and 25-10 against the spread (ATS). Games including Northern Kentucky have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total since last season (60.0 percent).
The Tigers are 21-14 SU since last season, but have had a hard time covering the spread (12-16-1 ATS). Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Memphis games over that same time frame with 15 overs compared to 14 unders.
Northern Kentucky Norse at Memphis Tigers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Norse rank 101st in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Tigers rank 211th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Memphis ranks 81st in steals per game (6.9) while Northern Kentucky ranks 120th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Memphis ranks 249th (18.9).
- The Tigers average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 55th in the NCAA. The Norse rank 225th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Memphis ranks 191st (13.6).