The Iowa State Cyclones (4-2) will be at home in James H. Hilton Coliseum when they square off with the Northern Illinois Huskies (5-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 148.5 points with Iowa State opening as a 15-point favorite. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Northern Illinois Huskies at Iowa State Cyclones Betting Preview
The Huskies dismantled the Chicago State Cougars in their last contest, 95-77. Eugene German was the games high scorer with 26 points on 10-for-17 shooting. Northern Illinois played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 14.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.608 (above their season average of 0.517). Chicago State was 19.8 and 0.508, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Cyclones last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 70-45. With 21 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Lindell Wigginton was the games leading scorer. Iowa State dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (below their season average of 28.1) and a free throw rate of 0.062 (matching their season average). Western Illinois was 10.5 and 0.034, respectively, for those same stats.
Ball protection could play an integral role in this contest. Since the 2016-17 season, Iowa State has committed the fifth-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 14.8 percent), while the disruptive defense of Northern Illinois has forced the 42nd-most (opponents turnover percentage of 21.5 percent).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games featuring Northern Illinois have finished over 60.0 percent of the time, while 66.7 percent of Iowa State games have finished under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (5-3 for Northern Illinois; 4-2 for Iowa State), but the Cyclones have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Iowa State is 2-4 ATS, while the Huskies are 2-3.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Iowa State Cyclones Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cyclones rank 147th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Huskies rank 239th (2.5).
- Iowa State is 24th in the NCAA with 5.0 steals allowed per game while Northern Illinois is 54th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- Iowa State ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Northern Illinois ranks 320th (16.1).
- The Cyclones rank 58th in assists per game (15.3) while the Huskies rank 299th (11.2).
- Northern Illinois averages 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. Iowa State ranks 270th in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).