The Northern Illinois Huskies (9-8, 2-2 MAC) look to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Buffalo when they head to Alumni Arena to take on the Bulls (12-5, 4-0 MAC). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 157 points with Buffalo set as a 15-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Buffalo Bulls ATS Preview
In the Huskies last contest, they were victorious over the Eastern Michigan Eagles, 72-66. Eugene German was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Northern Illinois dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 28.2) and a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, Eastern Michigan recorded marks of 29.0 and 15.2, respectively.
The Bulls come in on a high note after beating the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last contest, 82-66. With 23 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Jeremy Harris was the top scorer from either team. Buffalo dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.520) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (below their season average of 33.3). For those same stats, Miami (OH) was 0.475 and 26.3, respectively.
The high-octane offense of Buffalo (79th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 111.1) will clash against the mid-tier defense of Northern Illinois (208th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 103.4). The Bulls should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Of Northern Illinois 13 games with betting action, eight have finished under the projected point total, while 7 of Buffalo’s 14 games have finished over the O/U total. The Bulls hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-5 SU and 8-5-1 ATS, while the Huskies are 9-8 SU and 7-6 ATS.
Nick Perkins has been on fire over the last five games for Buffalo, averaging 17.4 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Bulls won the only game played against each other last season, 65-45. The Bulls dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.347 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.490. For those same stats, the Huskies were 0.143 and 0.330, respectively.
Northern Illinois Huskies at Buffalo Bulls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Buffalo, ATS Winner – Buffalo, O/U – Under
- The Bulls rank 69th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Huskies rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Northern Illinois ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.5) while Buffalo ranks 81st (5.9).
- On the road, Northern Illinois is 3-5 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Buffalo is 2-2-1 ATS at home with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- Buffalo ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while Northern Illinois ranks 260th (16.7).
- The Bulls rank 46th in assists per game (16.2) while the Huskies rank 239th (10.9).
- Buffalo ranks 51st in rebounds per game (38.6) while Northern Illinois ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Buffalo is 3-0-1 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Northern Illinois is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Bulls average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.6, up from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).