MAC foes will clash when the Bowling Green Falcons (10-5, 1-1 MAC) clash with the Northern Illinois Huskies (8-7, 1-1 MAC) at Stroh Center. Bowling Green opened as a 2.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 154 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Bowling Green Falcons Free Preview
The last time the Huskies played, they fell to the Ohio Bobcats, 78-68. Northern Illinois Levi Bradley recorded 14 points and six rebounds in the contest. Ohio did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (17-22; 77.3 percent). Northern Illinois, on the other hand, forced the Bobcats into a turnover percentage of 23.4 (above their season average of 14.9).
The Falcons hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Eastern Michigan Eagles in their last outing, 75-71. With 20 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Antwon Lillard was Bowling Green’s leading scorer. The Falcons forced 17 turnovers and held the Eagles to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 31.6).
This game should be a showdown of contrasting styles. Bowling Green prefers a fast-breaking style of play (19th in possessions per game), while Northern Illinois likes to grind-it-out (201st in possessions per game).
Of Northern Illinois 11 games with betting action, six have finished under the O/U total, while 4 of Bowling Green’s 8 games have finished under the O/U total. The Falcons have the superior straight up (SU) record (10-5 vs. 8-7), but the Huskies hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (6-5 vs. 3-5).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Huskies won the only contest last season, 69-52. The Huskies played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.254 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7. For those same stats, the Falcons recorded marks of 0.118 and 13.9, respectively.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Bowling Green Falcons Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northern Illinois, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Under
- The Huskies are fifth in the nation with 4.4 steals allowed per game while the Falcons are 57th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- Bowling Green ranks 128th in blocks per game (2.9) while Northern Illinois ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (4.9).
- Northern Illinois is 3-4 ATS on the road with 4 overs and 3 unders.
- Bowling Green is 0-4 ATS at home with 3 overs and 0 push.
- Bowling Green ranks 40th in rebounds per game (39.4) while Northern Illinois ranks 170th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- The Falcons rank 99th in assists per game (14.7) while the Huskies rank 228th (11.1).
- Bowling Green ranks 115th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Northern Illinois ranks 239th (16.4).
- Bowling Green is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Northern Illinois is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Falcons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (4.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (2.7 above their season average).