The Iowa Hawkeyes (7-4) will be at home in Carver-Hawkeye Arena when they meet the Northern Illinois Huskies (7-5). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151.5 points with Iowa set as a 15-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Iowa Hawkeyes Odds Preview
The Huskies were victorious over the UIC Flames in their last outing, 69-63. With 18 points and 10 rebounds, Northern Illinois Levi Bradley had a good game. The Huskies forced 17 turnovers, while the Flames had a free throw rate of 0.179 (below their season average of 0.270).
In the Hawkeyes last game, they defeated the Colorado Buffaloes, 80-73. Iowa rallied around Maishe Dailey, who led the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-7 shooting. Iowa played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.472 (above their season average of 0.220) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 37.2). For those same stats, Colorado had marks of 0.132 and 27.9, respectively.
Expect Iowa to dominate the offensive glass in this contest. The Hawkeyes rank 19th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.3 percent), while Northern Illinois ranks 265th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Huskies. They rank 43rd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent). Conversely, the Hawkeyes force the 81st-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents turnover percentage of 17.9 percent).
There does not appear to be a trend for either of these teams in terms of going over or under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (7-5 for Northern Illinois; 7-4 for Iowa), but the Huskies have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Northern Illinois is 5-3 ATS, while the Hawkeyes are 4-4-2.
Northern Illinois Huskies at Iowa Hawkeyes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa, ATS Winner – Northern Illinois, O/U – Under
- The Hawkeyes rank 26th in blocks per game (5.5) while the Huskies rank 171st (2.5).
- Iowa ranks 125th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Northern Illinois ranks 258th (15.8).
- Iowa ranks fourth in assists per game (19.8) while Northern Illinois ranks 217th (11.3).
- The Hawkeyes rank fifth in rebounds per game (43.9) while the Huskies rank 199th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Northern Illinois ranks first in steals allowed per game (3.9) while Iowa ranks 154th (7.5).
- The Hawkeyes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.2, up from 11.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (2.0 above their season average).