The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (10-2) welcome the Northern Colorado Bears (9-3) in a matchup that pits sensational offense against exceptional defense. UNLV is a 12-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 156 points. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Free Preview
The Bears were victorious over the Wyoming Cowboys in their last matchup, 91-84. Andre Spight was Northern Colorado’s high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Northern Colorado played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.1 (below their season average of 25.4) and a turnover percentage of 12.7 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, Wyoming recorded marks of 10.0 and 16.8, respectively.
In the Runnin’ Rebels last game, they blew out the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils, 95-63. UNLV’s Shakur Juiston had a solid performance, recording 12 points and 10 rebounds. UNLV played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.389 (above their season average of 0.322) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.685 (above their season average of 0.564). For those same stats, Mississippi Valley State was 0.074 and 0.426, respectively.
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. UNLV currently ranks 25th in offensive efficiency and Northern Colorado is 28th in defensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games involving Northern Colorado have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while UNLV games have gone over 81.8 percent of the time. The Runnin’ Rebels come into this game with a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-2 SU and 8-4 ATS, while the Bears are 9-3 SU and 6-2-1 ATS.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNLV, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 24th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 145th (7.2).
- Northern Colorado ranks 13th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while UNLV ranks 63rd (2.9).
- Northern Colorado ranks 25th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while UNLV ranks 270th (16.1).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 10th in assists per game (18.7) while the Bears rank 215th (11.3).
- UNLV averages 44.3 rebounds per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. Northern Colorado ranks 188th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Runnin’ Rebels average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, down from 18.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.2 points per game (0.7 below their season average).