The Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (5-26, 2-16 BigSky) and the Northern Colorado Bears (20-11, 11-7 BigSky) clash in the Big Sky Conference Tourney at Reno Events Center. Tip-off is set for 5:35 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Betting Preview
In the Bears last matchup, they lost to the Sacramento State Hornets, 88-77. With 31 points on 10-for-22 shooting, Andre Spight was the games leading scorer. Sacramento State had a turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 16.1). Northern Colorado, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (20-23; 87.0 percent).
The Lumberjacks are hoping for a better outcome after their 85-68 loss to the Eastern Washington Eagles in their last matchup. Corey Brown was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 9-for-10 shooting. Eastern Washington did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (11-15; 73.3 percent). Northern Arizona, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 27.4).
The offense of Northern Arizona (341st in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 93.3) will battle against the top-notch defense of Northern Colorado (67th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 99.7). The Bears figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Spight has been solid over the last five games for Northern Colorado, averaging 26.4 points, 3.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bears won 95-60. The Bears played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.685 and an absurd free throw rate of 0.389. The Lumberjacks recorded marks of 0.367 and 0.267, respectively, for those same stats. Jalen Sanders was a top performer in the victory, with 24 points and six rebounds.
Northern Colorado Bears vs. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks Betting Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Northern Colorado, ATS Winner – Northern Colorado, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. The Lumberjacks rank 198th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Northern Colorado ranks 39th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Northern Arizona ranks 123rd (3.5).
- Northern Colorado ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (14.9) while Northern Arizona ranks 248th (24.0).
- The Bears rank 13th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Lumberjacks rank 241st (15.3).
- Northern Colorado ranks 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Northern Arizona ranks 191st (7.2).
- The Lumberjacks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 12.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (6.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.2 above their season average).