The South Florida Bulls (5-6) will be at home in USF Sun Dome when they go head-to-head against the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (2-9). South Florida is an 8.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 133 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at South Florida Bulls Free Preview
The Lumberjacks were beaten by the South Dakota Coyotes in their last matchup, 90-77. JoJo Anderson had a solid game for Northern Arizona, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 7-for-16 shooting. South Dakota won the rebounding battle. The Coyotes had more offensive rebounds (20 vs. nine), defensive rebounds (30 vs. 20) and total rebounds (50 vs. 29).
The last time the Bulls played, they dismantled the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 83-63. With 20 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Stephan Jiggetts was the games high scorer. South Florida played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.252) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.8 (above their season average of 28.3). For those same stats, Bethune-Cookman put up marks of 0.119 and 38.9, respectively.
South Florida should have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Bulls rank 63rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while Northern Arizona is 340th in effective field goal percentage (0.440).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games featuring Northern Arizona have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while 71.4 percent of South Florida games have gone under. The Bulls have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-6 vs. 2-9), but the Lumberjacks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-4 vs. 2-4-1).
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at South Florida Bulls Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Florida, ATS Winner – Northern Arizona, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 179th in steals per game (5.1) while the Lumberjacks rank 195th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- South Florida ranks 145th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Northern Arizona ranks 234th (32.7).
- The Bulls rank 169th in assists per game (12.9) while the Lumberjacks rank 242nd (10.6).
- Northern Arizona ranks 204th in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while South Florida ranks 254th (16.6).
- The Bulls average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 2.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (0.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (5.2 below their season average).