The Jacksonville Dolphins (4-8) will be at home in Swisher Gym when they take on the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks (2-10). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks at Jacksonville Dolphins Odds Preview
The Lumberjacks lost to the South Florida Bulls in their last contest, 70-56. With 13 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Brooks DeBisschop led Northern Arizona in scoring. South Florida had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.475). Northern Arizona, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 16.8 (better than their season average of 22.1).
The last time the Dolphins played, they were topped by the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 83-74. Jace Hogan was the games high scorer with 24 points on 10-for-15 shooting. South Carolina State did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (20-26; 76.9 percent). Jacksonville, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.470).
It could be an error-filled game for the Jacksonville offense. Jacksonville ranks 228th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Northern Arizona forces the 82nd-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.7 percent).
JD Notae has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Jacksonville, averaging 16.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game.
Northern Arizona Lumberjacks vs. Jacksonville Dolphins Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
- The Dolphins rank 209th in assists per game (11.4) while the Lumberjacks rank 229th (10.7).
- Jacksonville ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.8) while Northern Arizona ranks 229th (32.8).
- The Dolphins average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 66th in the NCAA. The Lumberjacks rank 187th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- Northern Arizona ranks 171st in three pointers allowed per game (23.1) while Jacksonville ranks 242nd (26.1).
- The Dolphins have outscored opponents by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Jacksonville has been defeated by an average of 3.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (0.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (8.1 below their season average).