The Kent State Golden Flashes (5-5) will be at home in Memorial A & C Center when they meet the Northeastern Huskies (6-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 139.5 points with Northeastern set as a 1-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Northeastern Huskies at Kent State Golden Flashes Betting Preview
The Huskies were victorious over the Vermont Catamounts in their last contest, 71-67. Donnell Gresham Jr. was Northeastern’s high scorer with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. The Huskies had a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 18.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.542).
The last time the Golden Flashes played, they were topped by the Wright State Raiders, 63-54. With 11 points and 11 rebounds, Kent State’s Danny Pippen had a solid performance. Wright State did a terrific job of making free throws (19-26; 73.1 percent). Kent State, meanwhile, held the Raiders to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 28.5).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the projected point total. Games involving Northeastern have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while Kent State games have finished under 66.7 percent of the time. The Huskies have the better straight up (SU) record (6-4 vs. 5-5), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (2-4).
Vasa Pusica has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Northeastern, averaging 20.6 points, 3.8 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Huskies won the sole contest last season, 73-70. Getting to the free throw line was one of Northeastern’s biggest strengths. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Kent State had 18.
Northeastern Huskies at Kent State Golden Flashes Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Under
- The Huskies rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (16.5) while the Golden Flashes rank 86th (20.6).
- Kent State allows the 22nd-fewest steals per game (4.9) while Northeastern ranks 49th (5.5).
- On the road, Northeastern is 0-4 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- At home, Kent State is 1-0 ATS with 1 under and 0 overs.
- Kent State ranks 83rd in rebounds per game (37.7) while Northeastern ranks 230th (32.9).
- The Huskies rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (1.9) while the Golden Flashes rank 89th (3.3).
- Northeastern ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Kent State ranks 107th (13.2).
- Kent State is 1-3 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Northeastern is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 4.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average).