CAA foes will clash when the James Madison Dukes (4-8) square off with the Northeastern Huskies (7-5) at JMU Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Northeastern Huskies at James Madison Dukes Free Preview
In the Huskies last matchup, they were blown out by the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 84-65. With 15 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Anthony Green was Northeastern’s high scorer. St. Bonaventure did a fantastic job of making free throws (25-28; 89.3 percent). Northeastern, meanwhile, held the Bonnies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 32.0).
The Dukes are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-63 loss to the Florida Gators in their last game. Ramone Snowden was James Madison’s leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-5 shooting. Florida forced the Dukes into a turnover percentage of 22.2 (above their season average of 15.9). James Madison, meanwhile, held the Gators to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.7 (below their season average of 33.5).
The aggressive James Madison offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this showdown. The Dukes rank 63rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.280, while Northeastern ranks 243rd in FTA rate allowed (0.257).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Dukes won 73-69. The Dukes dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.173 and a turnover percentage of 18.5. The Huskies were 0.075 and 18.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Northeastern Huskies at James Madison Dukes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northeastern, ATS Winner – Northeastern, O/U – Over
- The Huskies rank third in blocks allowed per game (1.8) while the Dukes rank 95th (3.4).
- James Madison ranks 21st in steals per game (8.8) while Northeastern ranks 89th (6.8).
- Northeastern ranks seventh in three pointers allowed per game (16.0) while James Madison ranks 169th (23.3).
- The Huskies rank 31st in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Dukes rank 183rd (14.8).
- James Madison ranks 92nd in rebounds per game (37.4) while Northeastern ranks 241st (32.6).
- The Dukes average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (1.6 above their season average).