The San Diego Toreros (8-2) will be at home in Jenny Craig Pavilion when they clash with the North Texas Mean Green (6-5). San Diego is a 10.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 135 points. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
North Texas Mean Green at San Diego Toreros Free Preview
The last time the Mean Green played, they dismantled the McNeese State Cowboys, 85-47. With 15 points, six rebounds and five assists, Ryan Woolridge had a good game for North Texas. North Texas dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 33.0) and a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.9). For those same stats, McNeese State was 14.3 and 26.5, respectively.
The Toreros hope to keep it rolling after beating the Colorado Buffaloes in their last matchup, 69-59. With 20 points on 6-for-11 shooting, Isaiah Wright was the games leading scorer. San Diego’s 0.500 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Colorado, who had a rate of 0.287. The Toreros mark was below their season average of 0.524, while the Buffaloes’ was below their season average of 0.526.
When considering effective field goal percentage, San Diego should have a noteworthy advantage. The Toreros defense ranks second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.396), while the North Texas offense is ranked 261st in effective field goal percentage (0.537).
Games involving these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. North Texas games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while San Diego games have gone under 83.3 percent of the time. The Toreros have the superior straight up (SU) record (8-2 vs. 6-5) and a slight edge against the spread (ATS) (4-2 vs. 4-1).
Isaiah Pineiro has been outstanding over the last five games for San Diego, averaging 17.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and 1.8 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Toreros won the sole contest last season, 69-68. San Diego did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (21-27; 77.8 percent). North Texas, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.7 vs. 21.4).
North Texas Mean Green vs. San Diego Toreros Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Diego, ATS Winner – San Diego, O/U – Under
- The Toreros average 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. The Mean Green rank 155th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- North Texas averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 133rd in the nation. San Diego ranks 159th in rebounds allowed per game (35.7).
- North Texas is 3-1 ATS on the road, while San Diego is 2-1 ATS at home.
- Of the Mean Green’s 4 road games, they have 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Toreros have gone under in all 3 of their home games.
- San Diego ranks 15th in three pointers allowed per game (17.0) while North Texas ranks 138th (19.5).
- The Toreros rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Mean Green rank 130th (3.5).
- San Diego ranks first in assists allowed per game (8.3) while North Texas ranks 113th (11.0).
- San Diego is 2-2 ATS with 4 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, North Texas is 3-0 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Toreros average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 8.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 75.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (2.2 below their season average).