The Oklahoma Sooners (4-1) will be at home in Lloyd Noble Center when they go head-to-head with the North Texas Mean Green (4-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 157.5 points with Oklahoma set as a 28.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
North Texas Mean Green at Oklahoma Sooners Free Preview
In the Mean Green’s last game, they defeated the Grambling State Tigers, 82-77. Roosevelt Smart was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Mean Green made 16 of their 20 free throws (80.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.521).
The Sooners come in on a high note after defeating the Oregon Ducks in their last game, 90-80. Oklahoma was lifted by Trae Young, who was the games high scorer with 43 points on 11-for-22 shooting. Oklahoma dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.222) and a turnover percentage of 17.1 (worse than their season average of 16.0). Oregon had marks of 0.135 and 17.5, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Oklahoma offense might be living from the foul line in this contest. The Sooners rank 100th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.268, while North Texas ranks 235th in FTA rate allowed (0.262) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
Of North Texas 2 games that accepted bets, one have finished over the projected point total, while 5 of Oklahoma’s 5 games have finished over the projected point total. The Sooners come into this game with a clear advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 4-1 SU and 2-3 ATS, while the Mean Green are 4-3 SU and 1-1 ATS.
North Texas Mean Green at Oklahoma Sooners ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mean Green rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while the Sooners rank 263rd (23.3).
- Oklahoma ranks 262nd in assists per game (11.8) while North Texas ranks 285th (11.4).
- Oklahoma ranks 45th in rebounds per game (38.4) while North Texas ranks 286th in rebounds allowed per game (38.1).
- The Sooners rank 64th in steals per game (7.1) while the Mean Green rank 240th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Oklahoma averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 25th in the nation. North Texas ranks 194th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).