The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (2-1) will be at home in McCamish Pavilion when they take on the North Texas Mean Green (3-2). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 140.5 points with Georgia Tech set as an 18-point favorite. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
North Texas Mean Green vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Odds Preview
The Mean Green beat the Rogers State Hillcats in their last contest, 86-74. Roosevelt Smart was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 8-for-15 shooting. North Texas dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.281 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (below their season average of 32.3). Rogers State was 0.183 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Yellow Jackets last matchup, they beat the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 78-68. Georgia Tech rallied around Brandon Alston, who led the team in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Yellow Jackets had a much better free throw rate (0.438 vs. 0.246) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.594 vs. 0.400).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Georgia Tech figures to have a considerable edge. Since last season, the Yellow Jackets defense ranks 19th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.457), while the North Texas offense ranks 286th in effective field goal percentage (0.484).
The Mean Green are 11-24 straight up (SU) and 10-14-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games including North Texas have had a tendency to go over the O/U total since last season (60.0 percent).
On the other hand, the Yellow Jackets, are 19-16 SU and 21-12 ATS since last season. Georgia Techs games have had a tendency to finish under the projected point total over that same time frame (60.6 percent).
North Texas Mean Green vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia Tech, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Mean Green rank 217th in three pointers attempted per game (19.9) while the Yellow Jackets rank 330th (13.8).
- Georgia Tech ranks 115th in steals per game (6.7) while North Texas ranks 209th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Georgia Tech ranks 57th in assists per game (15.3) while North Texas ranks 292nd (11.3).
- The Yellow Jackets average 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks third in the nation. The Mean Green rank 203rd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Georgia Tech ranks 168th in rebounds per game (36.0) while North Texas ranks 302nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).