The Missouri Tigers (8-2) will try to extend a five-game home winning streak when they take on the North Florida Ospreys (5-5) at Mizzou Arena. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
North Florida Ospreys at Missouri Tigers Betting Preview
In the Ospreys last outing, they edged the FIU Golden Panthers, 87-85. With 10 points and 14 rebounds, North Florida’s Noah Horchler put together a good performance. The Ospreys knocked down 18 of their 23 free throws (78.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.585 (above their season average of 0.532).
The Tigers come in on a high note after blowing out the Green Bay Phoenix in their last game, 100-77. With 28 points on 11-for-14 shooting, Jordan Geist was the games leading scorer. Missouri dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 19.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 (above their season average of 37.4). For those same stats, Green Bay was 17.0 and 30.6, respectively.
Conflicting paces will be on display in this matchup. North Florida prefers an up-tempo style of play (14th in possessions per game), while Missouri is slower-paced (230th in possessions per game).
Of North Florida’s 1 games that accepted bets, one have finished over the projected point total, while 4 of Missouri’s 8 games have finished over the O/U total. The Tigers hold a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 8-2 SU and 5-4 ATS, while the Ospreys are 5-5 SU and 0-2 ATS.
Jordan Barnett has been outstanding over the last five games for Missouri, averaging 15.6 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
North Florida Ospreys at Missouri Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Missouri, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 107th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Ospreys rank 259th in rebounds allowed per game (40.2).
- North Florida averages 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 131st in the NCAA. Missouri ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Missouri ranks 70th in assists allowed per game (10.6) while North Florida ranks 235th (16.8).
- The Ospreys rank seventh in three pointers attempted per game (30.9) while the Tigers rank 164th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- Missouri ranks 50th in steals allowed per game (6.1) while North Florida ranks 204th (9.7).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, down from 13.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 84.4 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.8 points per game (6.5 below their season average).