Expect a high-scoring game when the Lipscomb Bisons (16-9, 6-4 Asun) and the North Florida Ospreys (11-16, 5-5 Asun) clash at Allen Arena. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Lipscomb Bisons ATS Preview
In the Ospreys last matchup, they lost to the Kennesaw State Owls, 89-81. Noah Horchler had a solid performance for North Florida, leading the team in scoring with 22 points on 10-for-14 shooting. Kennesaw State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.4 (above their season average of 29.6). North Florida, meanwhile, held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.434 (below their season average of 0.489).
The Bisons will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Jacksonville Dolphins in their last outing, 82-59. Lipscomb was led by Eli Pepper, who had 11 points and 15 rebounds. Lipscomb dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 28.9) and a free throw rate of 0.276 (below their season average of 0.293). For those same stats, Jacksonville recorded marks of 16.2 and 0.136, respectively.
There should be a fair amount of transition action in this meeting that features two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. Lipscomb ranks fourth in possessions per game (77.9) and North Florida is 13th (75.7). Also, the Ospreys rank 266th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.5 percent), while the Bisons rank 17th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.8 percent).
Horchler has been exceptional over the last five games for North Florida, averaging 17.0 points, 11.8 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Ospreys won 102-96. One of North Florida’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 31 free throw attempts, while Lipscomb had 20. In the loss, Garrison Mathews recorded a double-double with 32 points and 12 rebounds.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Lipscomb Bisons Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Under
- The Ospreys rank 92nd in blocks per game (3.6) while the Bisons rank 191st in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- Lipscomb ranks 142nd in steals per game (5.9) while North Florida ranks 217th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- Lipscomb ranks 11th in rebounds per game (40.5) while North Florida ranks 298th in rebounds allowed per game (41.7).
- The Bisons average 14.7 assists per game, which ranks 96th in the nation. The Ospreys rank 263rd in assists allowed per game (17.7).
- North Florida averages 29.4 three pointers per game, which ranks seventh in the NCAA. Lipscomb ranks 143rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.7).
- The Bisons average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, up from 3.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 88.8 points per game (1.4 above their season average).