The Dayton Flyers welcome the North Florida Ospreys to University of Dayton Arena to commence the new season. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Dayton Flyers ATS Odds
Dayton failed to reach the tournament following a 14-17 regular season campaign last season. North Florida also did not make the tournament after a 14-19 regular season.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Dayton figures to have a substantial edge. Last season, the Flyers offense ranked 25th in that metric at 0.555, while the North Florida defense ranked 271st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.526). Opposite styles will be on display in this showdown. The aggressively-paced Ospreys ranked 14th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Flyers ranked 279th.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Dayton Flyers Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Dayton ranks 31st in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while North Florida ranks 313th (40.6).
- The Flyers rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Ospreys rank 159th (3.5).
- Dayton ranks 124th in steals allowed per game (6.0) while North Florida ranks 253rd (8.4).
- The Flyers average 15.7 assists per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Ospreys rank 305th in assists allowed per game (17.6).
- North Florida averages 28.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 11th in the NCAA. Dayton ranks 160th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).