The North Florida Ospreys (5-6) look to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Ball State when they head to John E. Worthen Arena to clash against the Cardinals (6-4). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Ball State Cardinals ATS Preview
In the Ospreys last matchup, they lost big to the Missouri Tigers, 85-51. Noah Horchler had a solid performance for North Florida, recording 10 points and 12 rebounds. Missouri held the Ospreys to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.9 (below their season average of 31.7). North Florida, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (6-8; 75.0 percent).
The Cardinals hope to keep it rolling after narrowly defeating the Valparaiso Crusaders in their last matchup, 71-70. Ball State was lifted by Tayler Persons, who was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Ball State’s 13.9 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Valparaiso, who had a rate of 22.8. The Cardinals mark was better than their season average of 16.5, while the Crusaders was above their season average of 17.5.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Ospreys, it’s been Horchler, who has averaged 11.4 points and 9.6 rebounds, while the Cardinals have gotten great contributions from Persons (17.0 points, 4.4 assists and 1.2 steals).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Cardinals won the sole game played against each other last season, 73-68. The Cardinals dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.5 and a turnover percentage of 12.5. For those same stats, the Ospreys were 32.4 and 13.7, respectively.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Ball State Cardinals Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
- The Cardinals rank 145th in steals per game (5.7) while the Ospreys rank 186th in steals allowed per game (9.5).
- Ball State ranks 96th in blocks per game (3.5) while North Florida ranks 133rd in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- North Florida ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (30.6) while Ball State ranks 160th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Cardinals rank 162nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.2) while the Ospreys rank 251st (41.3).
- North Florida ranks 112th in assists per game (14.3) while Ball State ranks 192nd in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Cardinals have outscored opponents by an average of 11.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Ball State has been defeated by an average of 0.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 81.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.6 points per game (6.6 below their season average).