The No. 11 Miami Hurricanes (3-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they clash against the North Florida Ospreys (1-4) at Watsco Center. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Miami Hurricanes Odds Preview
In the Ospreys last matchup, they easily got past the Edward Waters Tigers, 101-77. Ivan Gandia-Rosa was the games high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-7 shooting. The Ospreys had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.737 (above their season average of 0.488), while the Tigers had a turnover percentage of 18.8 (above the 13.3 mark opponents have averaged against North Florida this season).
The Hurricanes come in on a high note after dismantling the Florida A&M Rattlers in their last outing, 90-59. Miami received a boost from Bruce Brown, who recorded 15 points and eight rebounds. Miami played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.172 and a turnover percentage of 15.1. For those same stats, Florida A&M recorded marks of 0.102 and 23.6, respectively.
Miami could dominate the offensive glass in this meeting. The Hurricanes rank 59th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.2 percent), while North Florida ranks 305th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent) since last season. Opposite paces will be on display in this battle. The fast-paced Ospreys rank 43rd in possessions per game, while the more methodical Hurricanes rank 336th.
The Hurricanes won the sole contest against the Ospreys last season, 94-56. The Hurricanes played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.191 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 45.5. The Ospreys recorded marks of 0.115 and 29.5, respectively, for those same stats.
North Florida Ospreys at Miami Hurricanes ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Miami, ATS Winner – Miami, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hurricanes rank 123rd in steals allowed per game (6.0) while the Ospreys rank 281st (8.4).
- Miami averages 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 95th in the NCAA. North Florida ranks 167th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- North Florida ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Miami ranks 269th (18.4).
- The Hurricanes rank 71st in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Ospreys rank 296th (15.8).
- Miami ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while North Florida ranks 233rd (36.6).