The North Florida Ospreys (10-14, 4-3 Asun) will try to put an end to the nine-game winning streak of FGCU when they head to Alico Arena to meet the Eagles (16-8, 7-0 Asun). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 29, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
North Florida Ospreys at FGCU Eagles Odds Preview
The Ospreys beat the Stetson Hatters in their last contest, 73-65. With 11 points and 12 rebounds, Wajid Aminu had a good game for North Florida. North Florida played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.286 (above their season average of 0.193) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.437 (below their season average of 0.528). Stetson was 0.200 and 0.364, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Eagles last matchup, they topped the Jacksonville Dolphins, 68-62. FGCU was lifted by Brandon Goodwin, who finished with 16 points and seven rebounds. FGCU played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (below their season average of 0.245) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 33.6). Jacksonville was 0.060 and 9.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The high-powered offense of FGCU will clash against the mid-tier defense of North Florida. The Eagles rank 100th in offensive efficiency, while the Ospreys are 335th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Ospreys, it’s been Noah Horchler, who has averaged 16.4 points, 11.8 rebounds, 3.0 blocks and 1.2 steals, while the Eagles have gotten great contributions from Zach Johnson (17.2 points, 4.0 assists and 2.0 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. The Eagles won 96-87. The Eagles played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.308 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3. The Ospreys recorded marks of 0.151 and 25.0, respectively, for those same stats. Johnson had a standout performance in the victory, producing 19 points, five rebounds and five assists.
North Florida Ospreys vs. FGCU Eagles Odds Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 71st in steals per game (6.9) while the Ospreys rank 199th in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- FGCU averages 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. North Florida ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- FGCU ranks 39th in rebounds per game (39.3) while North Florida ranks 282nd in rebounds allowed per game (42.1).
- The Ospreys rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (30.1) while the Eagles rank 221st (19.3).
- FGCU ranks 55th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while North Florida ranks 251st (17.4).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.2, up from 9.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 80.8 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average).