The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (19-6, 7-1 Summit) can extend an eight-game home winning streak when they clash against the North Dakota State Bison (12-10, 4-3 Summit) at Frost Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151.5 points with South Dakota State set as an 8.5-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
North Dakota State Bison at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Odds Preview
In the Bison’s last game, they were victorious over the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 80-69. Paul Miller was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 11-for-18 shooting. The Bison knocked down 10 of their 14 free throws (71.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.564).
The Jackrabbits will look to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Omaha Mavericks in their last game, 80-60. South Dakota State rallied around Mike Daum, who was the game’s leading scorer with 35 points on 15-for-28 shooting. South Dakota State played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.5 (better than their season average of 13.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.515 (below their season average of 0.570). For those same stats, Omaha was 15.2 and 0.410, respectively.
South Dakota State could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. South Dakota State ranks ninth in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent), while North Dakota State forces the second-fewest turnovers (14.5 percent). Additionally, put-back points could be rare for the Bison. They rank 313th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 24.1 percent, while the Jackrabbits are eighth-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 77.7 percent).
Games featuring these teams tend to go over the O/U total. North Dakota State games have finished over 58.8 percent of the time, while 57.9 percent of South Dakota State games have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Jackrabbits have a sizable advantage. They are 19-6 SU and 12-7 ATS, while the Bison are 12-10 SU and 8-9 ATS.
Daum has been playing at a high level over the last five games for South Dakota State, averaging 22.6 points and 12.0 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 167 points, well over the projected point total of 147.5. The Jackrabbits won 87-80, covering as 1-point underdogs. The Jackrabbits played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.386 and a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.8. For those same stats, the Bison were 0.277 and 8.6, respectively. Daum recorded a double-double with 37 points and 15 rebounds.
North Dakota State Bison vs. South Dakota State Jackrabbits Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – North Dakota State, O/U – Over
- The Jackrabbits are 11th in the nation with 2.2 blocks allowed per game while the Bison are 29th with 2.5 blocks allowed per game.
- South Dakota State is 43rd in the NCAA with 5.3 steals allowed per game while North Dakota State is 56th with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- South Dakota State is 5-3 ATS at home, while North Dakota State is 6-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Bison’s 10 road games, while 6 of the Jackrabbits’ 8 home games have gone under.
- North Dakota State ranks 55th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while South Dakota State ranks 239th (24.8).
- The Jackrabbits rank 48th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Bison rank 192nd (34.5).
North Dakota State ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (10.2) while South Dakota State ranks 75th (12.3).
- South Dakota State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, North Dakota State is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Jackrabbits’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.6, down from 10.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).