The South Dakota Coyotes (14-4, 2-0 Summit) will try to prolong a six-game home winning streak when they take on the North Dakota State Bison (7-7, 0-1 Summit) at Sanford Coyote Sports Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
North Dakota State Bison at South Dakota Coyotes Odds Preview
The last time the Bison played, they lost to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 87-80. With 36 points on 11-for-22 shooting, Paul Miller was North Dakota State’s high scorer. South Dakota State did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (22-25; 88.0 percent). North Dakota State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 20.7).
The Coyotes come in on a high note after beating the Western Illinois Leathernecks in their last contest, 62-50. South Dakota received a boost from Trey Burch-Manning, who contributed 10 points and 11 rebounds. South Dakota dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.368 (above their season average of 0.281) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.6 (above their season average of 31.2). For those same stats, Western Illinois was 0.182 and 20.5, respectively.
North Dakota State could struggle to create turnovers. South Dakota ranks 72nd in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.3 percent), while North Dakota State forces the fifth-fewest turnovers (15.1 percent). Additionally, the Bison’s 30th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.568) will face off against the Coyotes 36th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.458).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Coyotes won the last game 76-66. The Coyotes played a perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.273 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0. The Bison put up marks of 0.097 and 21.1, respectively, for those same stats.
North Dakota State Bison vs. South Dakota Coyotes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
- The Bison rank 41st in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Coyotes rank 62nd (3.1).
- South Dakota is 30th in the nation with 5.2 steals allowed per game while North Dakota State is 44th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- North Dakota State ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while South Dakota ranks 153rd (22.7).
- The Bison are 17th in the nation with 10.1 assists allowed per game while the Coyotes are 50th with 11.4 assists allowed per game.
- South Dakota ranks 76th in rebounds per game (38.3) while North Dakota State ranks 103rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- The Coyotes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 14.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 86.6 points per game (11.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average).