The Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they square off against the North Dakota State Bison (3-3) at Humphrey Coliseum. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 138 points with Mississippi State set as a 10.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
North Dakota State Bison at Mississippi State Bulldogs Free Preview
In the Bison’s last game, they were beaten by the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 54-50. With 15 points on 5-for-11 shooting, Paul Miller led North Dakota State in scoring. Stephen F. Austin had a free throw rate of 0.346 (above their season average of 0.309). North Dakota State, meanwhile, held the Lumberjacks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.346 (below their season average of 0.558).
The Bulldogs come in on a high note after just getting past the Jacksonville State Gamecocks in their last matchup, 59-56. Mississippi State received a boost from Quinndary Weatherspoon, who was the teams leading scorer with 13 points on 6-for-11 shooting. The Bulldogs had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (above their season average of 27.7) and held the Gamecocks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.439 (below their season average of 0.595).
Mississippi State could have trouble getting to the foul line in this matchup. The Bulldogs rank 220th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.239, while North Dakota State ranks 84th in FTA rate allowed (0.217) since the 2016-17 season.
Games including these teams have a tendency to finish under the O/U total. North Dakota State games have gone under 66.7 percent of the time, while Mississippi State games have gone under 100.0 percent of the time. The Bulldogs hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (5-0 vs. 3-3), but the Bison have been superior against the spread (ATS) (2-1 vs. 0-2).
North Dakota State Bison vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Dakota State, ATS Winner – North Dakota State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Bison rank 77th (5.6).
- Mississippi State ranks 129th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while North Dakota State ranks 157th in three pointers allowed per game (21.2).
- Mississippi State ranks 30th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while North Dakota State ranks 153rd (13.1).
- The Bison rank 168th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while the Bulldogs rank 246th (37.1).
- Mississippi State ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.6) while North Dakota State ranks 110th (3.6).