The Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1) will be at home in Pinnacle Bank Arena when they meet the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (2-1). Nebraska is a 9.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 152 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Preview
In the Fighting Hawks last matchup, they defeated the UAPB Golden Lions, 80-71. With 20 points, seven rebounds and five steals, North Dakotas Geno Crandall played well. North Dakota dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.4 and a free throw rate of 0.508. UAPB was 29.6 and 0.240, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cornhuskers are trying to rebound after their 79-56 loss to the St. Johns Red Storm in their last game. James Palmer Jr. was Nebraskas high scorer with 13 points on 4-for-10 shooting. St. Johns had a much better turnover percentage (10.4 vs. 19.1). Nebraska, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the Nebraska offense. Since the 2016-17 season, Nebraska ranks 201st in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.0 percent), while the pesky defense of North Dakota has forced the 62nd-most turnovers in the nation (20.7 percent).
Since last season, the Fighting Hawks are 24-10 straight up (SU) and 19-10-3 against the spread (ATS). North Dakota games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total since last season (59.4 percent).
The Cornhuskers, on the other hand, are 14-20 SU and 13-18-1 ATS since last season. Games featuring Nebraska have gone under the projected point total 53.1 percent of the time over that same period.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Dakota, ATS Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cornhuskers rank 41st in rebounds per game (38.7) while the Fighting Hawks rank 186th (35.5).
- North Dakota ranks 265th in three pointers attempted per game (18.4) while Nebraska ranks 278th (18.2).
- North Dakota ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Nebraska ranks 265th (4.8).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 78th in assists per game (15.0) while the Cornhuskers rank 282nd (11.4).
- North Dakota ranks 18th in steals per game (8.1) while Nebraska ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.3).