The Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (1-0) will be at home in Stan Sheriff Center when they go head-to-head with the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (1-0). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 152 points with Hawaii opening as a 3.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Odds Preview
The last time the Fighting Hawks played, they barely escaped the Troy Trojans, 83-80. Geno Crandall was the top scorer from either team with 41 points on 15-for-19 shooting. North Dakota’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Troy. The Fighting Hawks had a rate of 0.585, while the Trojans posted a mark of 0.477.
The Rainbow Warriors will look to keep it rolling after defeating the UAPB Golden Lions in their last contest, 82-70. Hawaii received a boost from Gibson Johnson, who was the team’s high scorer with 19 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Hawaii played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.549 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.529. UAPB had marks of 0.316 and 0.456, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be an error-filled game for the Hawaii offense. Since last season, Hawaii ranks 285th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of North Dakota has forced the 79th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.4 percent).
The Fighting Hawks have had records of 23-9 straight up (SU) and 18-9-3 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, North Dakota games have had a tendency to finish over the O/U total (56.7 percent).
Meanwhile, the Rainbow Warriors, have records of 15-16 SU and 13-16 ATS since last season. A little over half of Hawaii’s games have finished under the projected point total over that same stretch.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Dakota, ATS Winner – North Dakota, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Hawks rank 184th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Rainbow Warriors rank 265th (1.9).
- Hawaii ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while North Dakota ranks 53rd (11.6).
- North Dakota averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. Hawaii ranks 242nd in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 157th in rebounds per game (35.7) while the Rainbow Warriors rank 285th (32.3).
- Hawaii ranks 134th in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while North Dakota ranks 256th (18.5).