The Stanford Cardinal (3-1) will be at home in Maples Pavilion when they clash against the No. 9 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 157 points with North Carolina opening as a 6.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 11:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
North Carolina Tar Heels at Stanford Cardinal Free Preview
The Tar Heels were victorious over the Bucknell Bison in their last contest, 93-81. Luke Maye led North Carolina in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-12 shooting. North Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 43.2 and a free throw rate of 0.379. For those same stats, Bucknell recorded marks of 18.4 and 0.190, respectively.
In the Cardinals last matchup, they defeated the Northeastern Huskies, 73-59. Stanford received a boost from Michael Humphrey, who contributed 17 points and 11 rebounds. Stanford played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.196 (below their season average of 0.406) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.554 (above their season average of 0.468). For those same stats, Northeastern was 0.066 and 0.451, respectively.
Stanford might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the NCAAs best defenses. Dating back to last season, North Carolina ranks 58th in defensive efficiency while the Cardinal rank 249th in offensive efficiency.
Since last season, the Tar Heels have had records of 29-7 straight up (SU) and 21-17-2 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, North Carolina games have had a tendency to finish under the O/U total (56.4 percent).
Meanwhile, the Cardinal, have records of 17-18 SU and 14-19-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has also been spot on when setting the O/U total of Stanford games over that same period with an even split between overs and unders.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Stanford Cardinal Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina, ATS Winner – North Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tar Heels rank 216th in three pointers attempted per game (19.8) while the Cardinal rank 315th (16.0).
- North Carolina averages 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. Stanford ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- North Carolina averages 18.2 assists per game, which ranks third in the nation. Stanford ranks 204th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Tar Heels rank first in rebounds per game (43.6) while the Cardinal rank 198th (35.1).
- North Carolina ranks 127th in blocks per game (3.5) while Stanford ranks 229th (2.6).