The Davidson Wildcats (3-2) and the No. 13 North Carolina Tar Heels (6-1) square off at Time Warner Cable Arena. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Davidson Wildcats Betting Preview
The Tar Heels beat the Michigan Wolverines in their last game, 86-71. Luke Maye was the games leading scorer with 27 points on 11-for-16 shooting. North Carolina played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.177 (below their season average of 0.246) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.509). Michigan recorded marks of 0.076 and 0.500, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Wildcats played, they topped the Charlotte 49ers, 85-70. Davidson was led by Jon Axel Gudmundsson, who finished with 12 points, 10 assists and six rebounds. Davidson played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (worse than their season average of 10.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 24.1). Charlotte had marks of 21.1 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Second-chance opportunities could be few and far between for Davidson in this meeting. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Wildcats rank 308th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.2 percent), while North Carolina ranks 17th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.4 percent). The Tar Heels should be expected to protect the ball well. They rank 31st at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent). Conversely, the Wildcats have forced the 56th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents turnover percentage of 17.3 percent).
The Tar Heels won the lone game against the Wildcats last season, 83-74. The Tar Heels played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.443. The Wildcats were 21.6 and 0.305, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Davidson Wildcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tar Heels average 18.1 assists per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 156th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- Davidson ranks 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while North Carolina ranks 251st (4.5).
- Davidson ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while North Carolina ranks 285th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Tar Heels average 43.5 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NCAA. The Wildcats rank 211th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- North Carolina ranks 91st in steals per game (6.8) while Davidson ranks 262nd (5.0).