Expect a high-scoring game when the North Carolina State Wolfpack (16-8, 6-5 ACC) and the No. 21 North Carolina Tar Heels (18-7, 7-5 ACC) battle at PNC Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
North Carolina Tar Heels at North Carolina State Wolfpack Odds Preview
In the Tar Heels last game, they defeated the No. 9 Duke Blue Devils, 82-78. With 18 points and 13 rebounds, Cameron Johnson played well for North Carolina. The Tar Heels had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 2.4 (better than their season average of 14.8) and held the Blue Devils to an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.4 (below their season average of 41.2).
The Wolfpack are trying to rebound after their 85-75 loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies in their last matchup. With 15 points, 10 assists and five rebounds, North Carolina State’s Markell Johnson had a good outing. Virginia Tech had a free throw rate of 0.308 (above their season average of 0.279). North Carolina State, on the other hand, held the Hokies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.4 (below their season average of 23.9).
This matchup figures to be a shootout as two of the nations premier offenses go head-to-head. North Carolina State ranks 57th with 112.4 points per 100 possessions and North Carolina is 29th (114.5). Furthermore, the Tar Heels could control the offensive glass in this meeting as they rank third in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4 percent. The Wolfpack, meanwhile, rank 261st at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.5 percent.
Omer Yurtseven has taken his game to another level over the last five games for North Carolina State, averaging 18.4 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Wolfpack won 95-91. The Wolfpack’s 9.7 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Tar Heels, who had a mark of 14.8. Luke Maye played a big role with 31 points and 12 rebounds.
North Carolina Tar Heels at North Carolina State Wolfpack Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina, ATS Winner – North Carolina, O/U – Under
- The Tar Heels average 43.4 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the nation. The Wolfpack rank 146th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- North Carolina State ranks 77th in blocks per game (3.8) while North Carolina ranks 193rd in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- North Carolina State ranks 44th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while North Carolina ranks 288th (27.2).
- The Wolfpack rank 39th in assists per game (16.2) while the Tar Heels rank 221st in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- North Carolina State ranks 31st in steals per game (7.7) while North Carolina ranks 177th (5.4).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 7.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tar Heels have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (7.0 above their season average).