The Clemson Tigers (11-1) put their seven-game winning streak on the line when they go head-to-head against the North Carolina State Wolfpack (10-3) at Littlejohn Coliseum. Action starts at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
North Carolina State Wolfpack at Clemson Tigers Free Preview
The last time the Wolfpack played, they easily got past the Jacksonville Dolphins, 116-64. Allerik Freeman was the games high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting. North Carolina State played a perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 14.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 54.3 (above their season average of 36.4). For those same stats, Jacksonville was 22.7 and 35.1, respectively.
The Tigers will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns in their last game, 89-60. Clemson rallied around Donte Grantham, who was the top scorer from either team with 17 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Tigers had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.670 (above their season average of 0.565) and held the Ragin Cajuns to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 39.9).
This contest figures to be a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s top offenses go head-to-head. Clemson currently ranks 53rd with 114.3 points per 100 possessions and North Carolina State is 25th (118.2). Moreover, the Wolfpack rank 13th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.7 percent), while the Tigers rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.9 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Tigers won both meetings last season. In the last contest, Clemson won 75-61. The Tigers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.8 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 38.6. The Wolfpack recorded marks of 19.6 and 30.6, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina State Wolfpack at Clemson Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Wolfpack rank 79th (3.2).
- Clemson ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while North Carolina State ranks 123rd (34.6).
- The Tigers rank 21st in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Wolfpack rank 103rd (6.5).
- Clemson ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (10.0) while North Carolina State ranks 85th (12.4).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 20.0, up from 15.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolfpack have scored an average of 92.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average).