The George Mason Patriots (4-5) will be at home in EagleBank Arena when they square off against the North Carolina Central Eagles (4-6). Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. George Mason Patriots Betting Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they lost to the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 86-77. North Carolina Central’s Pablo Rivas contributed 19 points and 12 rebounds in the game. Southeast Missouri State’s turnover percentage was their largest advantage over North Carolina Central. The Redhawks had a rate of 13.4 (better than their season average of 15.5), while the Eagles posted a mark of 16.6.
The Patriots are hoping for a better outcome after their 77-70 loss to the William & Mary Tribe in their last matchup. Jaire Grayer led George Mason in scoring with 24 points on 9-for-19 shooting. William & Mary did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (15-17; 88.2 percent). George Mason, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.6).
Since last season, George Mason has done a great job of getting to the free throw line. They rank 60th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.282), but North Carolina Central has been among the best in the nation at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 34th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.194).
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. George Mason Patriots Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Patriots average 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 35th in the nation. The Eagles rank 152nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while George Mason ranks 113th (5.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while George Mason ranks 210th (4.0).
- The Eagles rank 106th in assists per game (14.5) while the Patriots rank 266th (11.7).
- North Carolina Central ranks 164th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while George Mason ranks 294th (17.3).