MEAC foes will battle when the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (13-12, 7-3 MEAC) go head-to-head with the North Carolina Central Eagles (12-12, 6-4 MEAC) at Moore Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Preview
The Eagles fell to the Florida A&M Rattlers in their last game, 65-56. With 14 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Raasean Davis led North Carolina Central in scoring. Florida A&M did a great job of making free throws (10-12; 83.3 percent). North Carolina Central, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7 (above their season average of 32.7).
In the Wildcats last game, they thoroughly outplayed the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 87-67. With 24 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Isaiah Bailey was the top scorer from either team. Bethune-Cookman played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (below their season average of 34.5) and a free throw rate of 0.270 (above their season average of 0.256). For those same stats, Maryland Eastern Shore recorded marks of 17.1 and 0.207, respectively.
It will be a battle of opposite tempos as the fast-paced Wildcats will look to push the more methodical Eagles. The Wildcats currently rank 10th in possessions per game while the Eagles are 235th.
Shawntrez Davis has been playing at a high level as of late for Bethune-Cookman, averaging 19.6 points and 10.6 rebounds over the last five games.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Eagles won both games last season. In the last matchup, North Carolina Central won 95-60. The Eagles dominated every stat category in the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.8 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.603. For those same stats, the Wildcats were 18.7 and 0.402, respectively.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Wildcats rank 138th (6.4).
- North Carolina Central averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the NCAA. Bethune-Cookman ranks 136th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 71st in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while North Carolina Central ranks 274th (17.8).
- The Eagles rank 58th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while the Wildcats rank 252nd (38.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 76th in assists per game (15.1) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 219th in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (7.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (0.9 below their season average).